Associate/Vice President Fund Operations
Koru Partners is a thematically driven alternative investment firm identifying attractive investment opportunities that are backed by macro-holistic themes encompassing forward-looking social, economic, demographic, and technological changes.
We are inspired to be the world’s leading business partner for unique insights, understanding and decision making. It is our mission to understand the challenges facing humanity and to empower people and companies, working to transform such challenges into opportunities through allocation of capital.
We are looking for a candidate who is looking to grow with us. You will be working in a team with like-minded members, who will be training and guiding you to reach your full potential. If you are up for the challenge, we can promise a great journey and an opportunity to learn the various parts of our business.
What You Can Expect
Salary: SGD 6,000 to 12,000
- Group Insurance
- Medical Reimbursement
- Health Screening Reimbursement
- Vision Care and Health Reimbursement
- Strong emphasis on company core values to guide you in your day-to-day work and life
- Dynamic and fun team who will challenge and support you
- Flexible and transparent work culture
- Access to learning resources to help you expand your mindset and knowledge
- Training to allow you to grow and improve your knowledge and skills
- Company gatherings where we have fun and bond as a team
- Take responsibility for financial reporting and portfolio reporting, e.g. perform review and oversight of quarterly management reports and annual financial statements.
- Liaise with fund administrator for capital calls, management fee calculations, distributions and financial statement reporting.
- Work with various stakeholders to support audit, tax procedures and investor information request.
- Foster fund industry relationships and stay abreast of relevant regulations and best practices.
- Develop and implement process improvements, effectively manage change to ensure departmental objectives are met.
- Ensure an accurate fund accounting book and records.
- Work closely with the Technology team as a product manager in the building of new platforms and technologies, e.g. internal position bookkeeping system.
- Participate in UAT system testing of new platforms for internal teams and external partners.
- Oversee quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables.
- Build and maintain relevant policies and procedures.
Essential to Have
- Experience in middle office or fund operations at a fund manager, fund administrator, or financial institution with a preference for hedge fund/liquid fund operations.
- Knowledge of trade operations processes and familiarity with principles of fund valuation, financial statements, and accounting standards (e.g. US GAAP, IFRS).
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities.
- Interest and familiarity with technology as product development will constitute a substantial part of the work scope.
- Excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving and conflict-solving skills.
About YouWe are a firm expecting collaborators to be highly aligned with our core values. Therefore, you should be:
- A Visionary: You are someone who dreams big and unconventionally, possessing strong mental maps of how things should be done to realize audacious goals.
- A Practical Thinker: You have a wide range of vision, able to see and synergise from the macro-to-micro perspective. You are open-minded and able to hold conflicting thoughts simultaneously and look at them from different angles to achieve the best results.
- Dedicated and Driven: You are passionate about what you are doing and is willing to push through any and every obstacle to go from visualization to actualization. You are undaunted by failure.
- Ethical and Principled: You have a strong, ingrained sense of professional integrity and ethics.
To ApplyPlease kindly prepare the following information and click the button below to apply:
- 1-page or less response to “What matters to you the most? And why?” (An email will be sent to you requesting for this essay after job application is submitted)
- Cover Letter (optional)